- Valid national passport :
- Issued within the last 10 years and with at least 3 months validity after the scheduled return, with at least two blank pages. Handwritten passports and passports with observations regarding the front page (bio data) cannot be accepted.
- 2 passport size pictures :
- White background, not older than 6 months (size 35 – 40 mm in width, not copied or scanned picture).
- 1st picture pasted on the application – 2nd picture has to be clipped on the last page of the passport, stapled or pinned pictures cannot be accepted. For more details, please refer to:
- Visa application form :
- Completed, signed twice by the applicant and, if applicable, authorization of third person.
- If the applicant is a minor: visa application signed twice by legal guardian and if applicable, authorization of third person.
(Proving the custody of a minor child, divorce papers, dead certificate etc.).
- Previous passport/s:
If any, bound together with rubber band, not stapled.
- Personal covering letter:
- Original letter with travel plan.
- If the applicant is submitting the applications of his/her family, then all applications must include a copy of the covering letter.
- Introduction letter:
- Original letter has to be on a business letterhead from the employer/company.
- The letter has to be signed and stamped by HR or directorate mentioning your position and the duration of your service.
- “No objection statement” regarding the planned trip to Switzerland/Schengen States.
- The dates and purpose of the trip.
- Travel Insurance :
- Please refer to the list of approved Indian travel insurances: https://www.eda.admin.ch/content/dam/countries/countries-content/india/en/SCHENGEN%20LIST%20OF%20TRAVEL%20INSURANCE%20COMPANIES-15-04-2017.pdf
- Minimum coverage of 30,000 Euro / 50,000 USD / 50,000 CHF per person.
- Coverage of all expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment.
- The insurance has to cover the entire stay in Schengen territory.
- Applicants who wish to apply for a six months or a one year multiple visa are not obliged to provide a 180 (365) days coverage. It is sufficient to submit an insurance policy covering the first journey.
- Flight reservation:
- With names of all travelers.
- If applicable proof of intra-Schengen flight, train itinerary or car rental.
- Proof of accommodation in Switzerland / Schengen states :
Confirmation of hotel reservation, package tour, advance payments.
- Proof of financial status :
All documents have to be originals, in format A4, with stamp and signature of Bank.
- Last 3 months salary slips and last 3 months salary bank account statements.
- Last 3 months personal bank account statements.
- Personal ITR (only ITR-V, Indian Income Tax Return Verification Form or Acknowledgement is accepted) for the last 2 assessment years.
If self-employed and/or company owner:
- Business registration certificate / Partnership Deed / Proof of proprietorship or other proof of ownership. Last 3 months personal and business bank account statements.
- Company’s and personal ITR (only ITR-V, Indian Income Tax Return Verification Form or Acknowledgement is accepted) for the last 2 assessment years.
- Personal pension bank statement for the last 3 months.
- Proof of regular income generated by ownership of property or business.
If Student or unemployed:
- Parents or legal guardians must provide their personal bank statements for the last 3 months.
- Personal ITR (only ITR-V, Indian Income Tax Return Verification Form or Acknowledgement is accepted) for the last 2 assessment years along with a confirmation letter of financial support and a copy of their passports.
- The visa applications have to be submitted together, only the head of family needs to attach bank statements, personal ITR (only ITR-V, Indian Income Tax Return Verification Form or Acknowledgement is accepted), travel insurance (mentioning all the names of the insured), flight booking (mentioning all the names of the travelling family members), all the hotel confirmations (if all the rooms are under the same booking and under the name of the head of the family).
- If the applicant continues to travel to a third country (i.e. UK, USA, Canada etc…) after leaving the Schengen Area, the visa of the next country has to be obtained first.
- Clear photocopies of valid UK, USA, or CAN visas (if any).
- Photocopies of the 1st page (bio data) and last page of the passport.
Students above 16 year old :
Copy of the student college ID card and introduction letter of the School/College/University.
Children under 18 years old, not travelling with both parents :
Written consent letter of the other, non-travelling parent or legal guardian, certified by public notary.
Children under 18 years old, travelling alone :
written consent letter of both parents or legal guardian, certified by public notary.
In all cases: copies of the passports of both parents (legal guardian) or PAN cards or driving license.
If you have been refused a visa by an Embassy or High Commission in the last 2 years:
Refusal notice or a written explanation about the reasons of refusal.
Fees for SWITZERLAND VISA
EUR 60.00 adults.
EUR 35.00 children between 6 and 12 years old.
Free of charge, children under 6 years old.
– the required documents have to be submitted with the visa application (no fax or e-mail to Embassy accepted).
– only the required documents mentioned on the checklist are accepted.
– the Embassy of Switzerland reserves the right to ask for additional documents and/or for a personal interview.