Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary located in Thekkady is the perfect example of natural and scenic beauty and rich biodiversity.
Moreover, Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary or National Park is considered as the most protected area for the elephants and tigers.
In addition, the park houses a picturesque lake at the heart of the sanctuary that is an artificial 100 years old lake and major attraction as well. Also, it is known for the presence of wild elephants and thickly established Western Ghats forests.
Not to mention, this is a perfect place for wildlife and nature lovers. They can enjoy an excursion at the zone of the sanctuary.
Furthermore, you can view a lot of wild animals like elephants, tigers, Sambar, Gaur, Moose, wild pigs, Indian wild dog etc.
Last but not the least, Periyar is also considered as the habitat of the elusive Nilgiri Tahr, which can rarely be seen but commends its presence.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION about PERIYAR WILDLIFE SANCTUARY:
Visiting Hours: 6am – 6pm
Entry fees: (all in INR)
- 33 per person for Indian Adult
- 5 per person for Indian Child
- 450 per person for Foreigner Adult
- 155 per person for Foreigner Child
- 38 for Still Camera
- 300 for Video Camera
- 150 for Boat Safari (Above 11 years age)
- 50 for Boat Safari (Below 11 years age)
- 5500 for Periyar Tiger Trail Treks (One night)
- 7500 for Periyar Tiger Trail Treks (2 nights)